Stack dampers are multi-bladed dampers that have been specifically designed for Heat Recovery Steam Generation (HRSG) main outlet stack applications where the key design features must include:
- rain water isolation
- pressure relief mechanisms
- blade flutter inhibition
- flue gas isolation
- high reliability
- compliance with OSHA or equivalent safety regulations
Depending on the application and the sealing requirements, METCO TECHNOLOGIES INC. can assist in determining the best seal selection for your damper.
- No seals
- Composite tadpole seals
- Metal-to-metal seals (most common)
- High flex metallic seals
Operator selection is another key decision where METCO TECHNOLOGIES INC. can assist our customers.
- Electric actuation
- Pneumatic actuation
Each of these types of actuation have advantages and disadvantages. Some important information required to assist in the decision process are as follows:
- Torque required
- How quickly the damper must be able to modulate or fully open/shut?
- What is the available power source (instrumentation air, electrical power, etc.)?
- What are the environmental conditions surrounding the actuator?
- Is a failsafe system required to force the damper to move to a desired position if power or signal is lost or removed?
- Power consumption
METCO TECHNOLOGIES INC. can assist you in determining the best option for your needs in order to minimize upfront damper costs as well as operational costs down the road.
Stack dampers are available for rectangular, square and circular duct sections.